What is an Optimist Club?
An Optimist Club is a voluntary organization of civic-minded men and women dedicated to "Bringing Out the Best in Kids." Adult volunteers join Optimist Clubs to conduct positive service projects in their communities aimed at providing a helping hand to youth. With their upbeat attitude, Optimist Club members help empower young people to be the best that they can be.
Members come from education, business, nonprofits, industry, the armed forces, agriculture and other professions.
An Optimist club's primary goal is providing or supporting programs at the local level that are of benefit to young people. The Optimist International slogan is "Friend of Youth."
The Optimist Club of San Antonio has been serving the youth of Bexar County since 1924.
By providing hope and positive vision, Optimists bring out the best in youth, our communities and ourselves.
Optimist International will be recognized worldwide as the premier volunteer organization that values all children and helps them develop to their full potential.
Purposes of Optimist Club
- To develop optimism as a philosophy of life utilizing the tenets of the Optimist Creed
- To promote an active interest in good government and civic affairs
- To inspire respect for the law
- To promote patriotism and work for international accord and friendship among all people
- To aid and encourage the development of youth, in the belief that the giving of one’s self in service to others will advance the well-being of humankind, community life and the world.